9.03.2007

Labor Day in Santa Cruz

but thankfully not mine.
today, we went to pre-register at the hospital
and as we walked through L&D, I was so grateful today wasn't my "labor day."
5 weeks is soon enough.
here are some 35 week pictures.
interestingly, I don't feel as big as I look and the pictures are shocking to me but I suppose they don't lie (right dad?).
while in Santa Cruz, we hit the beach in all its 68 degree glory!!
it was wonderful.
the waves were impressive. I've NEVER seen so many surfers in the water at once!
It's such a GREAT town!

and last but not least, we finally found a "new-to-Jaden" bike!
Jaden earned a new bike in June but we've been having a hard time finding "the one."
At a bike shop on saturday, Micah and Jaden found a Specialized Hot Rock for $300, which was obviously not in the price range we were looking but it was a good gage for what we wanted (or maybe more accurately, what dad wanted). Jaden was a little apprehensive because it didn't have a foot break.
Well, before they even returned from the bike shop, just what do you suppose I found on Craig's List?!
You guessed it--The bike...for $40...with the foot break no less!! Used of course and an older model but Jaden's never been one to be nit-picky,THANKFULLY. I'm afraid we don't have it so easy with the younger one.
we are very excited and it's in great shape.
check it out:

and it just so happens to match his helmet perfectly
(like he cares).
don't ask about his outfit. he likes it.

and we can't leave out the little brother.
he loves speeding down this driveway on his "hog", into ours.
man, we're lucky.
what a great day.

8 comments:

libbie said...

Man . . . I wish I looked as cute as you do when I am 35 weeks pregnant. Its all about retaining water for me! My body bloats like a beached whale! You look great! And don't you just love Craigs list!

melissa said...

You look absolutely ADORABLE pregnant... I don't think I have ever seen you pregnant- either in person or in pictures, which seems kind of funny to me! You really do look great! I hope you are feeling good too!

I love looking at your blog and getting updated on what is going on with you guys! You are awesome! Love to you all!

Melissa and Family

KWit said...

You are such a beautiful prego woman...both times that I've seen you! Jaden's bike is amazng too...I love Craig's list. I don't think there is a day that Cory's not on it! Good on the pocket book too!! You guys look great!! Take care

Ixchelle said...

Great finds Bike and House. I like the driveway for Beckam so he can do his tricks. I love looking at you pregnant, you are so cute! We want to come see you soon. How does September look?

Rachel said...

cute family! we miss you guys!!!!

merideth said...

wow only five weeks until #3. funny how other peoples pregnancies go so much faster then your own. good luck with it all, and you look great....and such cute boys!

Pao said...

You look so cute.I love your belly so perfect and round.I'm glad that you found a bargain, love caigslist.I got a desk there for $15 and is perfect.It was nice to talk to you today.

tawni said...

Awe...you make me wanna be preggers again! You look great and happy happy!

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

thanks nicole.