9.06.2007

Good-Bye Hair

Someone, please tell me why I never anticipate the frustration and disappointment that inevitably results upon leaving the hair place after the boys have gotten hair cuts?!
Because it happens every single time!
And for third time now, I've had to go back to have them FIX their mistakes!!! I definitely put off getting their hair cut but I'm always confident that "this" time will be different.

I am just completely flabergasted at how incompetent "professionals" are--in any profession! I learned that lesson while planning my wedding in an unfamiliar town. Just because they claim they're a "professional" photographer, florist, stinking HAIR STYLIST, doesn't mean squat!! Can anyone relate to my rant?!

Do I not speak clearly enough, do they think they're supposed to do the exact opposite of what I ask? Wait, not only do they do the opposite but the cuts are pathetic and totally uneven. I understand that my kids have stick straight hair but don't they teach you how to cut that kind of hair in school? Or is it just that stylists who work at Great Clips and the like, work "there" for a good reason?! (no offense intended but I am speaking from A LOT of experience)! When I say I want to keep the length but just trim it up a little and take off A LITTLE of the bulk, why oh why do they proceed to perform a complete whack job on my children?!!!! And no shelf or bowl cut but BLENDED does not mean get out your clippers and make a bowl on top of my sons head!!!! Jaden's hair can take most of what they dish out because it's so thick but little B's is so fine and once upon a time he had the most adorable do...no longer the case my friends. I mean, he's still adorable but I mourn the loss of the shag.

My sister is the only person who gets it but unfortunately, they need cuts more often than we see her. Oh and don't think that it's the boys fault because they can't sit still! Oh no, they were both PERFECT angels and sat so nicely that I treated them to ice cream afterwards--before we went back for them to fix Beckam's cut, who is so used to this that he didn't even utter a single protest about having to go back. I considered coming home and shaving it all off but I couldn't bare the thought of just throwing $15 down the drain.

I'll post pictures and they won't look bad to you, it's just NOT WHAT I ASKED FOR! and that's very frustrating.

I must find a real stylist, who understands how to cut very straight, boy hair while still keeping it long-ish. aaaargh.

8 comments:

jessica said...

Time for a Flow-Bee! Cut your own - create your own vision and save money too;)

I do understand your pain, but it's my own hair that I'm having trouble with. If you think stick straight boy hair is hard to cut, try slightly curly, thick graying hair. Can you say triangle head? Yikes!

Good luck with your future cuts!

melissa said...

I completely understand! When I got Avery's hair cut for the first time, I took her to my stylist (she only charged $15 instead of $11 or so at SuperCuts)... I wasn't going to chance anything with a SuperCuts type place... the people who work there are there to get experience! Sorry, no PRACTICING on my baby!

Good luck finding a good place... Paul has always had better luck at barber shops (where all the old men go). Just an idea!

LollyGirl said...

But see, Barbers do whack jobs, too. I need someone who knows how to actually use scissors and cut their hair evenly while maintaining the length.

The cheap places "usually" do a fine job on Micah but again, his cut requires clippers and minimal cutting. He's had some experiences, too. Like when the he told the lady NOT to cut off his side burns and she proceeded to shave them OFF! I think there is a language barrier much of the time, too. You'd think Micah would use the other language he speaks in these kind of situations.

I suppose my sister could teach me. sigh.

Unknown said...

Hey it's good to hear from you! Your boys are so cute! I am new to the blogging world and I haven't been very good at keeping up on it. Good luck with your delivery. YOu'll have to give me some pointers on managing three!

Amy said...

Yeah, I can relate to bad haircuts. I think I will Cambria out of that proffesion.
You look so cute in your preggo pictures. I have 2 weeks left and I also hope to have a good story for you. I am pretty darn nervous!

Carrie said...

Next time your in Sacramento I'll cut your boys hair.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry about the bad haircuts. I have to say though, it's not the PLACE but the PERSON, in my opinion, who either does a good or bad job. I have a couple of friends who work at the cheaper-type locations, but NOT because that is where their skills lie. And I have friends who got very expensive haircuts and hated them. It really just depends on the person. Hopefully you'll find that person (nearby) and that you'll have a better time next time.

By the way, I was happy to get the Thank you card from you in the mail. Thanks for the update! You'll have to tell me more about the teaching style at Jayden's school sometime.

Phoebe said...

Seriously. It really is time for the Flow-Bee.

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

thanks nicole.