9.10.2007

here are some post hair cut pictures.
still cute (after beckam's 2nd trip and 2nd "stylist"), but definitely SHORT
and definitely not what I asked them to do.
and here is a letter jaden dictated to me to a soldier in Iraq
(don't mind my grammatical/spelling errors--it was late)
and here is the picture
this started out as a picture of a soldier who was going to be shooting at a bad guy but when I suggested that he draw a happy picture instead, this is what he did.
in case you can't make out what it says:
"Summer Vacation. Joy filled the air."
the soldier is on a boat in the ocean and the sea life can be seen below.
the black crab is my favorite. can you make it out?
tentacles coming up from the top with claws on either side.
he wanted the soldier to know that the age written on the paper was not a mistake and that the picture was actually done by a 5 year old (since it was so good).
he also wanted to be sure that soldiers turned their letters over when they finished reading them...to be sure his picture would be seen.
and he hoped that the soldier would be getting other letters from his/her mom and dad, aunts and uncles, etc.

7 comments:

Bluebell said...

Oh my gosh, those boys are growing up before my eyes! Beckam looks so BIG and Jaden looks so much like Micah! That letter is very sweet. Was that an FHE activity or something? Good luck with #3! Can't wait to 'meet' him!

Ixchelle said...

How sweet and thoughtful Jaden. I I love that you taught them how to pray. I think they will really appreciate those words.

KWit said...

There are times that I see Beckam and thing of Jaden when we first met you guys...you do make the most adorable boys! I know what you mean with the hair "professionals" not a good subject for me either...that is why I started cutting my own hair. I'm afraid of what someone else will do! So sorry and better luck... maybe your sister just needs to visit more often!

sandeebeaches said...

Wow those are some good looking boys you've got there. We sure do miss you guys. We are trying to plan a weekend. They are all just so full of STUFF we will have to work harder at trying. Jaden's letter is adorable.

Jaime said...

The letter is sweet. Maybe you could make a copy before sending it. I still can't log in to my site but I noticed you can so I guess it's my computer and not the site.

laura said...

The boys look so handsome. Beckam is huge- I guess I haven't seen him in a while. Jaden's picture is so cute. Quite an artist. Where are you sending that letter? I'd like to do that with my kids.

Rachel said...

cheryl, that letter is priceless! you must photocopy before you send it and put it in his precious memorabilia stack. isn't it interesting that our kids have lived with war for almost their entire lives? so different from when we were that young. i wish there was a bit more innocence still. but this is just evidence that jaden is so sweet.

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

thanks nicole.