8.29.2007

Dinner

I lacked the energy and motivation tonight to come up with a well organized and thought-out meal.
and so this is what happened.
(oh, and I don't typically make dual dinners. the kids eat what we eat or at least a version of it. but exceptions are fun, too).
I finally made my way into the kitchen and decided to make my favorite Plutos salad for the third night in a row along with Trader's Joe's most scrumptious cornbread. because that's what sounded good. and for the kids: french toast with morning star breakfast patties and fresh strawberries.
and everyone was happy.
especially micah and I with our salad.
(this is supposed to read, "especially me and micah with our salad" or "micah and me..." isn't it? but I can't bring myself to write that).

in case you're interested, the salad includes:
fresh spinach leaves
mixed with hearts of romaine
sliced beats
garbanzo beans
Gorgonzola crumbles
raisins. lots of them.
persian-style cucumbers
strawberries
slivered almonds
tossed with a combination of
Balsamic/Gorgonzola vinegarette
YUM!
and all the ingredients can be found at Trader Joe's.
my favorite grocer.

4 comments:

Heidi and Rich said...

The salad sounds delicious. I wish my last minute meals turned out that well!

Nicole said...

I knew that you had moved, but couldn't remember the place you lived. I even went back in you bloggs to look but couldn't find it. (I was also distracted serval times) That makes me so sad that we missed you. We will have to plan it better next time. And free passes would have been wonderful...that place is expensive. Worth it just expensive... We are back in Idaho already...we got back tonight around 9pm. Lots and lots of unpacking to do now!

Rachel said...

yum! i'm going to TJ's tomorrow!~

Jaime said...

That sounds delicious. I'll have to try it!

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

thanks nicole.