6.17.2007

Happy Father's Day

Why We Love OUR Daddy:
He's so nice to me,
he let's me do things that you (his mother) don't, he gives me lots of HUGS and LOVE and he talks to me.
Since Beckam isn't as good at expressing his feelings, although he did contribute #4, I'd just like to add that Beckam adores his dad. Everyday on our way back home from being out, Beckam says, "Let's go see if Daddy's home," and often, he'll go to his bedroom window and yell, "Daaaaaaadyyyyyyy." Or if we're out at the playground he'll come ask me when his daddy will be back. When his dad returns home (from anywhere), he never forgets to ask, "How was school today?"

Why We LOVE our Grandpa's:
"They are FUN to play with. They come to every single thing--they really never miss anything, even my birthday party.

Papa John always let's us play with his train and I like to ride scooters with him.

I really liked when Papa Dave gave us a helicopter and we've been flying it ever since.

I ever wonder if Papa Hack caught 4 fish or if he ever caught a fish that weighs 100 lbs. I ever wonder if he caught a rainbow trout fish. I ever wonder if you made a mistake of catching a scuba diver. I wonder if I can go fishing with Papa Hack, maybe tomorrow and I'll come to Bakersfield."

And Poppy, well Jaden says he liked it when he cut his hair but I don't actually think he ever has. But I like Poppy because he's always made me feel special--just like his very own!!

We are so LUCKY to have so many men to celebrate this Father's Day!!

Today, they each enjoyed goodies from Harry and David, including Moose Munch and Strawberry Scones--
delicious!!

At church today in one of the talks that was being given, it was said that
Fathers set the example that we are supposed to follow--even though they are imperfect beings. I liked that.
And it can be applied to mother's as well.
Perfection is not necessary just trying our very best!

I am grateful for my dad and the GREAT Father he has always been to me!



2 comments:

Bluebell said...

Catch a scuba diver by mistake?!!? SO funny/cute! I also like how he "ever wonder[s]" about things.

Anonymous said...

Miss Cheryl - I saw your cute sisters at Jake's Tex Mex tonight. I think they were celebrating someone's b-day - yeah! Isn't it great to have so many sisters!?!

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

thanks nicole.