5.10.2007

"The Movie Actors"

--The Band
They're officially "Nilsson's."
They set up their band in the living room (being naked isn't necessarily a qualifying factor).
In high school, the Nilsson boys had the master bedroom in their home.
Bikes hung from the ceiling, a drum set was set up in the corner complete with amps and electric guitars. Us girls would show up to watch "band practice." After we were married, Adam, Micah's eldest brother, would clear out the dining room and set up his music studio.
I was going to put up a movie clip of "The Movie Actors" band practice tonight but it just sounds like racket. (did I just say that? I sound like the mom of a teenage band member).

Lyrics included:
"we will, we will rock you, sock you, hit you, drop you.
we will shake you, bake you, lalalala shake you."

"all my girlfriends, oh all my girlfriend are all lovely. can't stand it, oh no-siree,
all my heroes have been in jail don't know what to do." (part of a line from camp 3's "zion"--Adam's band)

"I don't know what I am to do, but I know, the person loves me, and if you're wondering who, that person is, it would be my grandfather."

"Who is the mother of me and Joseph? Mommies are the best, in the world, you should hug them everyday, they are so beautiful in your heart, they can't go away."

"daddies are the very best, they love you so much. and you should always be a righteous boy."

beckam sang back-up vocals.

the songs always ended in "yeah" with thumbs up.

we're off for the weekend. check back to see if we have any luck with our "preliminary" ultrasound....

5 comments:

Mandee said...

So funny! Those are some good songs! I like the mommy part! Can't wait to hear about your results!

Anonymous said...

I love it! Where did you get that cute drum set? I want one for Ammon. Thanks for sharing. Are you feeling better? Ixchelle

tawni said...

So precious! Love the photos.

KWit said...

That is so cute!!! Your boys really make me want all boys! Funny with the music...I found a old tape of mine and thought the same thing! Yikes, getting old.

brian said...

cutre photos, love the way the boys dressed the part!

lovely boys, 2 lovely boys!

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

thanks nicole.