5.13.2007

Happy Mother's Day!

It's a BOY!

Number three!!!

Who's really surprised considering those Nilsson genes. We are all very excited - with a little disappointment. Jaden's response was: "Ah Shucks!" He is so great with little kids and babies and little girls in particular. He was really hoping for a little sister this time. And of course, Daddy wants his little girl.

My mom's response is that this just means we're definitely having more kids (she mentioned perhaps two girls still coming), but I'm not sure we'll follow her example of trying. After she had a boy, a girl, then FOUR more boys I think we just might learn from our predecessors on this one. But it is much too early to know . . .

I told Lolly that I really wanted to walk my daughter down the aisle when she gets married; then Lolly reminded me that if they are sealed in the temple right off I wouldn't really get to do that anyway - that made me feel a little better.

I can't express how much I love my boys and how excited I am to have another. I also can't express how much I love my wife and am grateful to her. She rocks! That is one of the reasons that Jaden and I started a tradition of singing her a Mother's Day song every year. I'm not sure how this real song goes - we found in the Children's Songbook and just adapted it. You really need to hear Jaden singing it - but since he and Beckam are down south with their mother today (they are heading to Disneyland tomorrow) I'm attempting to post it on here for her. Cut the quality some slack as it was literally a one-take with a crude program.

10 comments:

tawni said...

Wow. Another boy. Congrats you guys!

laura said...

You're good with boys. Maybe that's why they keep coming. Congratulations.

Unknown said...

I love my 3 little boys- and just think of all the money you will save not having to buy a whole new wardrobe.

Phoebe said...

I am reminded this weekend how great it is to be a mother of boys. Father and Sons Campout!
2 days of ALONE time!

My Many Coloured Days said...

We'll both be doing the three boy thing it seems! Congrats! It's fun to know, that's for sure!

Shane D. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shane D. said...

Micah, I swear the song worked on my computer before. I wasn't fibbing when I said good jorb!

jessica said...

congratulations! boys are so much fun (I'm sure girls are too, but I wouldn't know from personal experience)!

Rachel said...

yay! I don't know why I didn't check earlier! but congrats, you guys! that's fabulous . . .

Neva said...

Way to GO, I love boys! I wanted to have 10 boys and 0 girls, but I'm sure happy and blessed with my 2 girls, they are my best friends.
Congratulations!
Love, Neva

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

thanks nicole.