8.23.2007

Big Sur

Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park
but don't think you can get down to the beach--it's just to look at.
(and it's very clear that if you have to be rescued trying, you will be fined.
reminded me of my dad telling me as a child that if I rode my bike out of the circle of our cul-de-sac and got hit by a car, I'd get a spanking before going to the hospital).

Limekiln State Park

if you live in CA and have never been, you really should go!
Big Sur is SO beautiful.
but going when you're 32 weeks pregnant probably isn't the BEST time.
trying to sleep is pretty annoying with a pregnancy bladder but other than that,
it was FABULOUS!

The boys were in heaven and totally in their element.
we're glad we live so close and in the non-summer months, it's much easier to get reservations.
There is a beutiful creek flowing through the campground into the ocean
so you get to cross a lot of logs on the hike up to the waterfall
(my balance was also a little compromised--
there were no incidents but I felt a little wobbly with my extra weight up front)
having hannah with us was a dream.
that extra body and set of eyes was so much help with 5 kids!
THANK YOU HANNAH!
the adults even got Sat. night out once we returned from camping.
she will be missed!!
Micah testing his skills trying to get to the upper pool of the waterfall.
going up wasn't near as intimidating as the way back downThe Faithful Limekiln Campers
Our Family.I'll have to post some better pregnancy pictures soon.

6 comments:

KWit said...

You guys look so happy!! That is so cool that you are liking the new area and it's a good place to call home!! We are loving it here in Seattle...and the weather like you is great for me and I'm not prego! I can't believe how big Beck has gotten, wow...so fast. Keep in touch and take care...

libbie said...

You guys seem to be doing fun stuff all the time! Maybe we should move somewhere where there is something to do! Those pictures are all so pretty. And I think your belly is cute!

tawni said...

Fun trip! You look fantastic! Tiny little thing you are! And good for you that you are still on the go! I am lazy, lazy, lazy when I am pregnant. I am just all about the couch and the bon bons (hence the 60 lbs I gained during!) So, you have inspired me come the next one.

Amy said...

That looks like a beautiful vacation spot. You are pretty brave going at 32 weeks pregnant! That makes me miss all the hikes and waterfalls in Hawaii. We'll have to give Big Sur a try one of these days!

Pao said...

I miss hanging out with you , you are so much fun ...what a cool family

Savannah Sombrita Del Mar said...

Thanks for the updates. I like the new pad. That looks like a great camping spot.
How is life with no school???
Savannah says hi.
D.

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

thanks nicole.