8.11.2007

We Are Alive

And Well!!

Sadly, in the last month between extended vacations to Bakersfield and the move, we can't find our camera charger, hopefully it's just temporarily misplaced but I have no pictures to post as a result. But after a month, an update is in order pictures or not!

First and foremost, Micah finished the BAR!! We'll know November 16 (Jaden's birthday), if he passed, although Adam claims to have already received a call from the Bar Assoc. to say a congratulations is in order.

We are now not only living in our new place but after only 9 short days are feeling quite settled thanks to the
15 members of my family that so kindly came to help us. We are loving the space and were able to pack 13 people in here overnight--the other two weren't so brave.

My mom and 14 year old nephew, Shawn were such troopers--they came two days before we moved to help us and stayed with us for 3 days after. They didn't stop working until their heads hit the pillow each night. My dad and Sandy were also so kind to come the day we moved in to deliver some new furniture we needed to fill our living room and were also a great help. Scott, Shelli and all 4 kids plus Grandma Doris as a bonus surprise, also came to deliver yet more stuff--washer/dryer, refrigerator (since the house came with one, I now have TWO, one in the garage. VERY exciting!), dressers, etc. I'm a very lucky girl, Scott and Shell wasted no time getting the decor in place, which included at least 5 trips to various stores for new stuff.
YOU will have to come visit to experience the coziness for yourself. I'm severely lacking in the creative/decorating dept. and my sister is truly gifted and also extremely thoughtful.kind.generous and I'm so grateful for Team Scott and Shelli in my life!!!
They relieve so much stress and make things beautiful. Even down to how she situated the furniture--ways I would have never even considered. sad but true.

About the house, we have three bedrooms, 2 baths and a good size living room along with a two car garage--washer and dryer inside and a huge (unlandscaped. who cares.) backyard. Micah is only 2 miles from his office, we're 5 min. from the beach AND only three blocks from Jaden's school--what more could a girl ask for?! We're HAPPY!

Jaden has already started school. Originally we weren't supposed to move until Aug. 6 but when we came to find our housing and found the school he would be attending, we realized they have year round school here and it started Aug. 6! So we up'd our move date to the 2nd--exactly one week after Micah finished the Bar. It's been crazy busy to say the least but with all the help we've had, it's been amazingly smooth and low-stress. Jaden is happy at his new school even though it's all day kindergarten, 8-2, which makes me so grateful that he had last year to prepare! He's starting off this year in a good place. He was excited about hot lunch for the first 3 days until he realized that cafeteria food wasn't all that delicious, except maybe Pizza Wednesdays!

The fam. left last Sunday and on Wed. we were able to welcome our first visitors, The Kearns, BYU-Hawaii friends from Utah. We enjoyed a fabulous visit with them and have spent the last three days showing off this beautiful new area we get to call home. I'm even really enjoying the weather!! I thought I'd freeze but it's proving to be a pregnant girls dream starting out around 60 degrees in the morning and reaching the low 70's by afternoon some days. Luckily, we live in the sunbelt so we get the most sunshine in the area!

Oh yeah, I am still pregnant. I have to keep reminding myself--the third one is a little different. I'm only 8 weeks away and hope to find a doctor this coming week. I'm feeling very good (except a nasty cold or something that's been hanging on for almost a month now) and looking forward to getting things ready for the arrival of this little guy since I've done nothing so far. I had such a lovely baby shower before I left that's made me more anxious to get things in order.

All right. I think that sums it up. Please send camera charger vibes our way so you don't have to suffer through so much writing in the future and can just enjoy a picture journal.

15 comments:

Phoebe said...

I can't wait to see pictures. I love it when your sister comes and redeorates! Aren't we lucky to have such spectacular older sisters?
And amazing families?
Enjoy all of your space, you deserve it.

Ashley said...

I was checking often hoping for an update! Glad things are going smoothly and you are enjoying the new place!

melissa said...

I am so glad you guys are moved and getting settled! Now you are just a "few" miles up the coast from us! Yipee!

I can't believe that you only have 8 weeks left in your pregnancy...especially since it seems like I just found out you are pregnant (when I finally had a minute to check your blog)!

Anyway, I hope that as things calm down, you guys are able to get more and more comfortable and settled in your new home before baby boy #3 arrives! I can't wait to see you guys, see your new home, and meet your new addition! I look forward to more updates and pictures!

Much Love,
Melissa, Paul, Avery and Finley

Tara said...

It's good to hear that you are alive and well. I have been wondering how you guys are doing. I can't wait to see pictures of the new place. Only 8 more weeks...so exciting. Talk to you soon, love, Tara

tawni said...

Gosh, we were starting to wonder where you were! Glad to hear you now have a washer and dryer...Im a little jealous. That must be the best. Cant wait to see pictures! Glad you are well and only have 8 more weeks to go.

cchrissyy said...

sounds like such a convenient location! I'd love to see photos inside and out :)

Rich said...

So good to hear from you. I am happy to hear that you are all settled in. It sounds like a dream!! I am thrilled to hear that you live so close to work - we live 1 mile from Rich's work and it is awesome!! Can't wait to see photos- good vibes!!

Nicole said...

So glad to hear that your house is in order and that all is well. Sounds like you had lots and lots of help. Families are the best huh...:)
Jesiah is going to year round school too. He loves it!!! He only has half a day, but get to ride the bus home in the afternoon and loves that too!!!

Mandee said...

So where did you move to, because it sounds perfect!

Anonymous said...

wish i could of been there to help with the move. Lucky for you, you had my wonderful son full endless energy. Everyone seem to have a great time. Can't wait to come visit. Hopefully soon.
Love you all,
me

Pao said...

Here are my good vibes...hopefully you can find the charger for your camara soon and show us some pictures.Thanks for the update I'm glad that your family help you moved.That's what I call a real family team!

laura said...

Wow. What a crazy summer. Now I know why our paths never crossed. Next time... I can't believe you only have 8 weeks left! And I can't believe where you get to call home. You are living in one of my favorite cities in CA. Lucky you. Can't wait to see picts.

stina said...

Sounds so nice! Must fight jealousy...

Ixchelle said...

When can I come and visit you? Congrats on the bar and the big house. We are missing you all.

David and Amanda said...

Sounds so beautiful. I'm glad you finally made it and that all is going well. I've missed your Blog...way too long without an update. Keep them coming. And can't wait to see some pictures.

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

thanks nicole.