2.27.2007

the girls are back!

this just so happens to be the view out our back sliding glass door. these are my hydrangeas.
my dear friend becky left them in my care when she moved to arizona. with my extremely limited skills, I've tried my best to care for them. I was so sad and worried when I had to
leave them over the summer for 3 months.
luckily, they were well cared for and they were even still in bloom when I returned.
since I honestly have zero plant sense (you know, like common sense, which I do have but have learned it doesn't apply to plants since they usually die in my care. I tend to over-care for things like plants and, well, fish. BUT I am getting better because see I realize that I tend to over-care so I'm curbing that now),
I've been terrified for them since winter hit. I did some research but there are so many different varieties,
many requiring different types of care
so I decided doing nothing
was my safest bet.
well, the other day, my sweet neighbor came over while I was outside. she handed me this little pouch of powder and suggested I mix it with water and use it the next time I watered (which I haven't even done for probably 4 mo.). it was miracle gro, which I proudly and excitedly announced, I happened to already have--purchased especially for them. so I took her advice.
then I gave them so more.
and viola! they liked it.
thanks for looking out for us wendi!
now just wait til you see these girls in full-bloom!!

4 comments:

Pao said...

My mommy has such a good sense with plants which I don't , I try my best too! but I guess I can't they all die on me , good thing that at least you try, that's important, may be they feel that you are really trying.That's what my Mom said ; plants sense you ( I don't know if it's true)They know when you really want them

cchrissyy said...

I'm horrible with plants. I forget about them for days and then make it up through extra care. oops! why do I keep trying the same way?

heymaughan said...

If a green thumb is good with plants, I must be a BROWN thumb! And it's too bad because I really love plants! Keep us updated on your girls' progress!

Nicole said...

Hey, good to hear from you!!! I am sorry that I did't get your email. Your boys are so cute. Looks like life is going good for you guys. So your hubby is almost done with law school huh?! That is exciting. Glad you found me. Have a great week. If you email me I will look for you in my junk mail file. That is more then likely what happened to your email. Sorry... Talk to you later.

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

thanks nicole.