2.03.2007

a candelight dinner



after tossing the kids in the tub and returning to the kitchen to finish up our leftovers, this is what I found.





a candlelit dinner
-- with the yummiest leftovers served on the kids plastic plates--it was a surprise and such a sweet and spontaneous move by the coolest husband!

now the recipe for the yummiest leftovers
(so quick and easy and great to freeze)
chimichangas
1 can (29oz.) pinto beans, rinsed/drained
1 can (4oz.) sliced ripe olives, drained
1 can (7oz.) diced green chilies
1 cup prepared coleslaw mix with carrots
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar
1 3/4 cups salsa
6 whole wheat (or low fat or whatever kind YOU like) tortillas (10 in.)
lowfat sour cream
sliced green onions

*combine beans, olives, chilies, coleslaw mix, cheese and 1 cup of salsa in bowl
*wrap tortillas in cloth towel and microwave 1 1/2 min., until hot and pliable
*fill tortilla with mixture, fold in all four sides
* place seam down on a lightly oiled baking sheet
*bake at 425 until crisp and brown, about 15 min.
*top with remaining salsa, sour cream and green onions
(from Quick, Light and Healthy)
I can give you all the nutrition values if you're into that.
THANK YOU SANDY

oh, and speaking of chimichangas, please read
skippyjonjones
by judy schachner
there are three and they are hilarious!
THANK YOU SHELL

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so sweet! :) What a fun and romantic surprise. I hope it was delicious and fun.

Tara said...

Hey, I love new, healthy, easy recipes. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

You've got to squeeze some romance in there when you can! I give you a 10. Ixchelle

Miriam Lovell said...

I was just wondering what to make for dinner! How did you know?
Love your blog.
Minna-
miriamlovell.com

Anonymous said...

oooh ! that recipe sounds yummy- thanks!
(and what a sweet hubby!)

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

thanks nicole.