11.22.2008

The Wedding:
The lady scots:
before the party got started:and after:
this was our palace:
chichen itza
AMAZING.
jungle tour and zip-lines:
mike and erin
(on their honeymoon)

cenote:
going down
back up:
minus the 2 run-ins with la policia, this was the perfect vacation. we were innocent both times and were able to avoid much hassle w/ a $75 pay-off. of course the optimist my husband is considers the vacation complete for what kind of adventure would it have been without having to brib the mexican police? honestly, the people were very nice even one set of the cops and the military guys w/ the GIANT machine guns!

IF YOU GET A CHANCE TO GO TO PLAYA DEL CARMEN, DO IT!

8 comments:

melissa said...

that is exactly why paul refuses to go to mexico without someone who speaks fluent spanish. we have already discussed that you and micah would be the perfect traveling companions for a vacation in mexico- you just proved us right... a lawyer who can speak fluent spanish! glad you had fun and that you are back safe!

Ixchelle said...

Oh my goodness that looks like a little piece of heaven. You are so lucky to have gone to mexico with out children. That beach looks great! We will plan a trip to
Mexico when Troy graduates. Hopefully my girls' spanish will be good enough to bribe the police.

Dasha said...

Wow! Looks like you guys had a terrible time and missed your kiddos sooooo much that you just couldn't wait to get back! Yeah right, looked more like a second honeymoon. Gorgeous beach, adventures galore!! Sign me up!

Amy said...

What an amazingly fun looking vacation! I always dreamed of a wedding on the beach but didn't of course for obvious reasons. I loved all those pictures.

I was also pleasantly surprised to like Twilight the movie. I too, want to see it again.

Hope you had a good birthday celebration!

Amy said...

beautiful!

Amanda said...

Looks like a dream - so glad you guys got to go!

David and Amanda said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. I love all the people swimming in the background...so fun! So, I totally had to pay off some French police once...oh, the corruption!

kiddle97 said...

Dang, it sure sounds like you guys had an awesome time! And (though I'd be freaking out if it were me), having a couple of run-ins with the law does lead to some great stories after the fact, right? Thanks for the pictures.

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

thanks nicole.