11.22.2008

First, can I tell you how much I loved Twilight the movie?! It came as a huge surprise to me! I'm (unintentionally) critical of movies and I really didn't have great expectations for it but I was SO pleasantly surprised!! It was such a great excuse for a girls night and I thought the theatre audience was so much fun. I seriously asked Micah if he wanted to go on a date to see it again. I NEVER watch movies twice, especially in the movie theatre but I'm pretty sure we'll go. The sweetest thing is, he'll love it, too. Too bad he hasn't read the book yet because I think that really helps you enjoy the movie more (I'm pretty sure it would seem a little ridiculous otherwise). I thought it was a great companion to the book and would venture to say I liked it as much.

Second, do you know our primary program is tomorrow! We practiced for 2 hours today and the kids were completely AMAZING! I do not know how they sat so patiently for that long and held it together the whole time. I'm just praying it carries over to tomorrow. Some say the worse the practice the better the program. What does that mean for us?

Third, do you know that my husband is in baking peanut butter cookies for our linger longer (potluck for you non-mormons) tomorrow while I'm "working on the finishing touches to the primary program"(shhhhh. So I got a little distracted) and they came out so beautiful and delicious. And I really love that guy!

Fourth, Jaden turned 7 last Sunday! We celebrated all weekend: Bonfire, wiene roast and smore making on the beach, trip to the planetarium to watch an astronaut movie in the dome, an ipod shuffle loaded with "dad's" music (resulting in the most excited Jaden I've ever seen over a gift) and pazooki (giant chocolate chip topped w/ vanilla ice cream, caramel and fudge) with friends:

Now, I'll try to post some Mexico pictures(again).

Oh,one more thing, do you know we have another new pet? He's (she's?) SO cute I have to show you:
"little"/"tiny"/"tortuga" sleeping in my hand.
he was one 1 of 7 babies found in Jenny's front yard after their tortoise "ran away"

6 comments:

Mandee said...

1- that is the cutest pet I've ever seen. I so wish we could keep a turtle.

2- it was true for us- the worse the practice the better the program. Our practice was HORRIBLE, and Sunday was amazing. I cried through the whole thing. Good luck.

3- I am so glad someone else (who isn't a teenager) loved the movie. I'm taking Aaron to see it just so he can know what Maddy and I obsess about over dinner.

4- that sounds like the best birthday ever. so jealous!

5- your little family is so cute! I love to read that you guys are well and happy!

Ixchelle said...

By the way you look great in those pictures. Your turtle is so cute! Happy birthday Jaden!

Dasha said...

First the program was fabulous. I was so impressed with the kids. They did great on their parts and unbelievably reverent. They always get told that they do a good job but they were exceptional. And the music, that duet made me goosbumpy. And the pianists, you guys are so lucky to have those two amazing pianists. LOL Second, I can't believe how much you loved Twilight. I thought you had more sophisticated taste then that. Kidding! I actually didn't enjoy that much. It was too jumpy and not cohesive at all for me, plus we were stuck by stinky (literally, stinky BO) teenage boys. But it was a fun girls' night. And third, that pazooki thing sounds good. Is it a giant choco chip cookie that you made? YUM

Shoecrazy Sue said...

Hey Strangers! So glad that you had a great time in Cancun. We were jealous of you all week thinking of the fun you were having! I was SO happy the primary program here is done and they did a fabulous job despite our chorister having to be out of town---it always works out and the spirit speaks STRONGLY through these little voices we are "in charge of! Love the tortuga-thats my kind of pet. Happy late b-day to J and if your are pleased with Twilight I guess I will have to see it...after the crowds die down! Much love goes your way from here!

Amy said...

wow, he is cute. congrats on an incredible program. check out my blog for my primary shout out!

kiddle97 said...

How'd your program turn out? Ours was last Sunday (a week ago), and ... well, Mitch was too shy to say his part. Alas. He did so well last year! Maybe next year he'll be back on the line-saying part of the cycle.

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

thanks nicole.