10.01.2008

yum spaghetti squash

i accidentally bought spaghetti squash at tj's the other day. i thought it was a melon. luckily i saw the sticker before i cut into it. so i started asking around about what to do with it. who knew it was so delish?!! did you? thanks stephanie for the great tips. here's what i did with it tonight:

baked @ 375 for 1 hr. then let sit 20 min. (the skin was like a shell once it was baked and the meat just fell right out)

grilled zucchini and red pepper in olive oil
add squash and marinara sauce
top w/ fresh parmesan and mozzarella cheese

serve w/ toasted sourdough

seriously so good.

i'm always looking for Y-U-M-M-Y healthy recipes so please share if you have one.

9 comments:

Dasha said...

Yummy! My mouth is watering, can I come over? LOL

Alissa said...

Hi That does sound yuummy! I have a recipe bloghttp://feelgoodrecipes.blogspot.com/ I have not posted for a couple of months, just been busy getting ready to adopt! but there is a couple of good ones! lol

Amy said...

It was good to catch up on your life! Your family is so super cute! I am going to try that squash recipe and those tweezers look awesome!

Amy said...

Spaghetti squash? Never heard of it. I'm glad it turned out great for you though. I'm glad you checked out my 'new recipes' link. Sad to say, I put it there thinking I would check it out my self but haven't done much looking yet, saaaaaaaad. :( Thanks for inspiring me though with those yummy and healthy recipes.

My Many Coloured Days said...

It's a fun vegetable for sure!

Jaime said...

Sounds so good! I'm going to try it! I recently got a bag of harvest grains from tj's and cooked them in chicken stock--really good. I had that with roasted vegetables--carrots, red potatoes, red onion, garlic, butternut squash. My kids loved roasted vegetables.

Jaime said...

Okay, so I am going to the store and want to get the stuff for this--but I'm not quite sure how you put it together. Did you just mix it all together?

Oh, by the way, are you coming to my cookie lee party tomorrow?

Stacy said...

I accidentally bought spaghetti squash, too. For some reason, I was thinking it was butternut squash. Glad to have a recipe on how to use it!

Rachel said...

yum! i've got to try this!

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

thanks nicole.