10.08.2008

Petite Rouge
A Cajun Red Riding Hood

i love reading this book to my kids.
it makes me read with a great cajun accent, which is very fun!
check it out.


here are a few of my favorite lines
(remember to use your best cajun accent):

"I'm countin' to t'ree,
an' if you still dere,
dis pole gonna hit you
where you part you hair."

An' when she say, "One,"
Ol' Claude back out de way.
He know dat de girl
sho' 'nuff mean what she say....

Ol' Claude make a smile,
an' he say, "It's dat flu.
It make me all green wit' dem bomps,
dat's fo' tru'....

"Why don' you come closer,
'cause I wanna see
all dat good food you mama
done cook fo' po' me."...

"You mout' kinda big,
an' you nose kinda long,
an' I got me a feelin'
dat somet'in' bad wrong."...

i really appreciate a good children's book.
because some of them just aren't.


6 comments:

Jaime said...

I love reading books with different accents--and some books lend themselves so well to do it. I'll have to check this one out. I love a good children's book.

Anonymous said...

This is one of my VERY favorite books to read to my kids, although it took me a few reads to get my accent down. Boy once I did my kids sure LOVED it! Funny you chose my favorite part too. I actually think I bought that one for you right? Glad you enjoy it as much as I! Love you lots! Shelli

Latter-day Saint Mom said...

I haven't read it, but sounds like a cute book, but then not so cute for little boys, more like cool book. Love how the language is.

kiddle97 said...

Amen. Two of my Boys' favorite books are Graeme Base's Animalia and The Eleventh Hour. I inevitably end up reading those with a British/Australian-mix accent, which Mitch raises his eyebrows at, but still, it makes it so fun. It rolls off the tongue better that way. :)

Trisha said...

Hey Cheryl, it was so fun to talk with you the other night at Target. You are such a good mommy! I love your blog. Hope your kids are all well now.

Jenkins' Family said...

I'm going to have to see if the library has this book, my boys would love it. And Happy way late Birthday Asher. I remember way back when our babies were born so close together, how time flies.

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

thanks nicole.