8.25.2008

nienie

it was in a conversation between darlybird and phoebe that i first heard the word "blog." that was about two years ago and once i started reading, i was hooked (though it took me a while to come around and start my own). i think it was on the topic of the walmart shirts on darlybirds blog that i first clicked on cjane in the comments and discovered cjane enjoy it. then later, again on darlybird a comment from nienie piqued my interest and i found her. then i learned they were sisters! it's a small blogging world afterall. but then a good friend from home emailed and said he found my blog and had started one himself. on his was a link to his wife kelly's and soon i had this great network of inspiring and entertaining blogs I read regularly. it was funny the day nienie showed up on kelly's blog and i learned they were long lost VT friends. then, the godparents to her children show up on our cousins blog. a small, small blogging world.

that nienie though. she is so interesting and entertaining. her romantic view of life kept me coming back again and again for my dose of nie. reading the nieniedialogues is like watching a sitcom (think "the donna reed show" or "leave it to beaver" starring ms. june cleaver) but in real life. it's fascinating really. and sometimes a little hard. because she has 4 little children: ages 6, 5, 3 and 2 (i think) and she makes it all look so EASY and FUN and BEAUTIFUL and HAPPY and ROMANTIC and HEALTHY and CREATIVE and CLEAN and...you see what i'm saying? but i've learned things from her. and i'm still learning things from her even now while she's away. she finds JOY and HAPPINESS in her home. at home. with the laundry, with the cooking, with the cleaning, with the children, with her crafting. what brings her the most (the most.) satisfaction and enjoyment are within the walls of her home. she doesn't look for it elsewhere. if you've chosen to stay home with your children, that's a good lesson i think. and sometimes it can be hard. i want my children and my family to know and always remember the joy and happiness they bring me every day. if you clicked on her link you know that she and her husband were in a private plane crash on august 16th and both suffered severe burns. they are in a burned unit and will be there for awhile. our hearts ache for them. they are all in our prayers. please keep them in yours and visit cjane enjoy it (and you will enjoy it, i'm sure) for more details, updates and ways to donate to their recovery.

and in honor of nie, domestic goddess, i'm celebrating by doing something nie-ish every day for let's say a week. maybe more. and i'll keep you posted:

monday:
fresh baked bread and this veggie pasta (and FHE)

if you have a breadmaker, you should make this bread. thank you kelly.
i used the express setting. perfect, delicious and ready in 1 hr.!


4 comments:

stina said...

I heard the story a few days ago and went to cjane's blog. I kept thinking the name sounded so familiar and expecting I'd recognize someone. It must have been through Darlybird and Phoebe that I've seen those two girls before. Do Rachel and Phoebe know them in real life? Sounds like they're in for a long recovery. I'll keep them in my prayers.

Mandee said...

I love what you are doing! I think I'd like to join you in living the "Nie" life for a little bit... which will require HUGE a effort and a heavy dose of patience. But I loved Donna Reed, and I love Nie Nie, too.

Anonymous said...

awwww, i love this!

Ixchelle said...

I read her blog everyday. She is so inspiring. I heard about the crash and just couldn't believe it. I am praying for her and her family. You are so sweet to write about her.

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

thanks nicole.