10.10.2007

Happy One Week! (yesterday)

post by micahThis little guy is amazing!
His birth was "FUN" (quoting cheryl)
He sleeps great, he eats mighty fine, he is alert for good spells and looks at you with the cutest little face . . . and until yesterday he never pee'd on me while changing his diaper.

We had this unspoken agreement. While he quite frequently pee'd on everyone else that would change him, I was just positive that he knew to keep any liquid waste inside him until we had closed up shop. But, alas, he has broken our understanding, shattering my confidence that I was somehow too special to him to pee on.
And not only did he pee on me, but while I was cleaning that up he pooped on me. Then while I was cleaning that up, he pee'd AGAIN! So I guess what I mistook for an unspoken agreement was actually little Asher saving up to really let me have it all at once.
That's okay. I still am ever so fond of this strapping young man. It's amazing that after only one week I can't imagine our family without him.



11 comments:

kiddle97 said...

Ah ha ha! That is tooooo funny. But a sweet post nonetheless! (Way to go, Asher!)

-Kirsten Slama

Pao said...

He's so perfect, what a beautiful baby..I have to give you a call Cheryl,

My Many Coloured Days said...

Love the pictures! I often hear Greg whispering to Jacob - "you pee on me, I'll pee on you!" Basically a "spoken" agreement, of which he thankfully never keeps his part!

Anonymous said...

You really need to click on the picture of Lolly and Asher to fully appreciate just how dang gorgeous that mom of three is!

merideth said...

what a cutie. it is so nice to have such a happy peaceful baby. that story of yours is the one thing tricky about baby boys.

Phoebe said...

It happens to the best of us!
And Cheryl is always gorgeous.

Heidi and Rich said...

He is so cute. We all need to be peed on by a newborn every once in a while. It puts us in our place!!!

Stefanie said...

Wow! You guys are serious about this "family" thing aren't you? Your kids are so cute. Congrats on the new baby. I just wanted to say hello. It's been a while. The last time I was talking to Micah his GPS got stolen. I hope you guys are doing well. I started a blog myself it's
stefandmikie.blogspot.com Tell Micah hello.

Mandee said...

He is so handsome, and Cheryl looks beautiful!

Ben and Shara said...

What a great story. Be sure to write that down in his journal.

KWit said...

Oh Cheryl...he's so beautiful. I've been gone and not close to the internet...I can't believe he is here. You and Micah make the most beautiful boys ever. Our love to your family...He's just so precious!

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

thanks nicole.