1.24.2007

a BEAUTIFUL day

today, jaden stayed home from school with a hacking cough.
(it's so hard to know when to keep your kids home!)
beckam had to be to the Dr. by 8:30.
he hasn't been in over a year so I wondered how it would go.
he weighed in at at 31 lbs. the dr. said his cooperative nature was quite unusual for a 2 year old exam!
the very sad part was after his perfect exam, he had to have 3 shots. his feelings were so hurt and as he's crying he's saying, "that hurt me." heartbreaking.
he didn't even want to do a donut run afterwards!
so we went to the cow barn instead. beckam always calls cows horses so I wanted to set him straight. the calves were so cute and the cows were kind enough to give some good "moos."
the kids loved it.
in order to give little B a good comparison, we headed over to the horse stables. the colts were in the pasture putting on a great show and the mares were all getting new shoes. I'd say the highlight was the obnoxious "hee-hawing" donkey...right in our face. the boys thought it was hilarious.
then, jaden and I did 6 loads of laundry during beckam's nap, played bocce and birdie golf until jaden's buddy came over and invited him to go on a bike-ride through the arboretum to visit the horses...again, to feed them carrots.

remember we live on-campus. the arboretum runs through the campus with a beautiful scenic bike trail along it. the horse stables are along the way.
beckam and I spent the rest of the afternoon cleaning up the front and back patios. we did such a good job even micah noticed when he got home.
for dinner: yellow curry! trader joe's has the most delicious yellow curry sauce. steam some potatos and carrots, sautee chicken, add sauce and serve on a bed of jasmine rice--so tasty, easy and fast!
we had a successful pretzel dipping/decorating mutual activity attended by TWO of our inactive YW and upon returning home, my AWESOME husband was tackling the laundry!
now, it's nearly all folded as I'm completing this post.
a very BEAUTIFUL day, indeed!
does it get any sweeter than this?



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No it doesn't. Can I move into Solano park and be your neighbor? Ixchelle

sandeebeaches said...

We sure miss you guys. Evan was thinking very intently the other day and decided that he missed his "best friend" Beckam.

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

thanks nicole.