6.29.2006

Cape Town, Africa

Grandma Kip (micah's mom) has just been called to serve a mission in Cape Town, Africa!! We're very excited for her. She feels very blessed and like the Lord treats her so wonderfully. She leaves Oct. 16 and will be there for 18 months, returning in April 2008.

This is an email from Micah, which includes a link to the area:
All I can say is . . . WOW! What an experience that will be.
How about a trip down there in late July or early August of 2007? Going as a group would be tremendous.
I'm still not sure how far we'll have to travel to do a safari, but the African Penguins, Mountains, and Beaches look great!
It will also be the home of the 2010 FIFA World Cup!
Congratulations mom, looks like you're in for a treat.

4 comments:

Bluebell said...

Wow, didn't she just return from a mission not too long ago? And she's going on another one! Awesome!

LollyGirl said...

Yep, she returned from the Chile Osorno mission in Nov. 2005 and is off again!

Guess who her companion is going to be? Arin Aanderud's mom. She and I were talking at Kristin Witter's baby shower and realized they both were intersted in serving another mission and Alice (Arin's mom)was actually looking for a companion to go with her. They seemed very similar and like they'd do well together. They met and now well, they're moving to Africa!

LollyGirl said...

Hey, our flowers are beautiful!! Did you take that picture? I took that one at the park the other day and thought it would make a nice profile picture--like blubell's!

Bluebell said...

No, I found this photo on the internet when I did an image search for bluebells =) I don't think they grow locally, although I guess it's the national flower of Great Britain.

That's crazy about Micah's mom and Arinn's! Good for them; I bet they'll have an awesome experience together.

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

thanks nicole.