2.10.2009

the pinnacles

this national monument is only an hour away from us and we finally got to explore it. well a little at least. it was so beautiful and refreshing to be there. there were lots of rocks to climb to perilous heights and there were caves to explore. the boys loved it.

balconies cliff
about a 2.5 mile hike
i think the caves were the highlight of the trip. they were perfect for our family. not too deep and dark. well they were pitch black and very wet but it only took 10 min. or so to get through.

jaden and i are wondering if that's really the way out.
and it was. this is when jaden turns his back on us, stamps his foot refusing to go through and declares: "i'm not going to die here!" all serious and dramatic. that is until the rest of us started through, including beckam at the front of the pack.
micah (and asher, who suffered a few knocks to the head) was such a trooper. this wasn't the only time he had to do a manuever like this. once he was on all fours crawling. his shoulders felt it for days.
he was SO glad he did it!

11 comments:

Amy said...

Wow! What an adventure!

Jaime said...

That looks like fun? Where is this place?

Jaime said...

Oh, I see now. The Pinnacles. I haven't been there since I was a girl.

Amanda said...

I'm with Jaden. Those caves look creepy. But I am also highly claustrophbic!

Shoecrazy Sue said...

HEY, what is that big not on poor Ash's head? This place looks like the perfect spot to take busy boys! When shall I send Chandler?

David and Amanda said...

Looks like fun! You guys are so adventurous--I can barely get the gumption to take the kids to Wal-Mart!

Aida said...

I love that place! The caves are my favorite as well!

Read and Camille King said...

WHAT A FUN HIKE. WHERE IS THAT?
WELL LOLLY GIRL, MY BLOG IS MY BIGGEST SECRET AND I MIGHT JUST TELL YOU HOW I DO MY BACKGROUNDS...... DO YOU REMEMBER MEGAN POUGE? SHE MOVED AWAY LAST YEAR SOMETIME. SHE DOES IT FOR ME. SORRY. BUT I BET SHE WILL HELP YOU LEARN OR TELL YOU WERE SHE GETS THE DESIGNS.

buffymom 3 said...

Sounds much more exciting than taking the kids to bouncy house heaven only to find out it's closed on wet, rainy weekends, due to some other lucky kids birthday party. I'm all for the Pinnacles!
Stephanie R.

Meridth McKean Gimbel said...

Aw man. That would have been fun. Edward and I ended up doing not so fun stuff. (I think movies?) How boring is that?!

Becca & Joel said...

Ooooooooo, I wanna go!

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

thanks nicole.