9.26.2008

NARNIA

the happy bickerin' beaver couple
my sweet friend amy and my dear micah
the beavers and a couple of narnians
(jaden and addison)

mr. beaver and aslan
saturday night fans
in friday's audience were my mom and grandma, kip, scott and shell, let the record show that westin in all his 17 year old glory came to support his family along w/ ashlyn, morganne and of course my dedicated shawnee. saturday afternoon included dave, bradon and my dad. micah had a whole slew of work friends, too!

being part of this was such an incredible experience.
micah thought it would fun to go to auditions w/ jaden...little did he know he'd score the part of mr. beaver--he had the judges at hello. micah and jaden had a blast and we're still on a high a week later! it was A LOT of work but SO worth it.

an incredibly talented lady in our ward owns a theater and was asked to do this production with our stake. it was so well done--i was blown away! the lion, the witch and the wardrobe was selected based on the parallels c.s. lewis draws in the story to the atonement of jesus christ. it was powerful indeed. i'd really like to get the music from the show on cd. it was so good and will always be sentimental. i leave you with the theme song:


now, the real adventure starts
a challenge that will truly test
the best that's in your hearts.
find the courage within
and then begin
to make the world right again,
to make the world right.

worldly men will say to compromise
that visions of a better world
are fairy tales and lies
they may mock you with scorn,
still, you were born
to make the world right again
to make the world right.
...

for if faith stays alive
hope can survive
to make the world right again
to make the world right again
to make the world right

--Ted Drachman

10 comments:

Ixchelle said...

wow cheryl! I remember you telling me about this. You guys are lucky to have had such an awesome experience. Miss you!

Amy said...

Now that I look at those picture, I realize how dumb my costume looked to have the hangy things around my neck. Good thing I tucked them in for the last show. Micah was smart and figured it out from the start, good thing he was my co-star, he always knew what was going on. Great job Micah and Jaden and thank you Cheryl for helping and lending your family's talent!

buffymom 3 said...

Incredible. Stephanie R.

melissa said...

What an awesome thing to be a part of- I am sure Micah and Jaden did great! Congratulations! Looks like you guys have been busy- as usual! You never cease to amaze me! Love to you all!

Latter-day Saint Mom said...

Wow! I wasn't aware who was Mr. Beaver! lol! We loved the play, they did such an awesome job! Love the pics.

Shoecrazy Sue said...

This looks so great! I am sure it was and exhaustingly fun experience for your entire family. Micah, you look good as a beaver! Who Knew?

Jaime said...

That is such a great song. Do you know who wrote it? I could help you find it.

We loved watching Narnia!

Sue said...

How fun. I like seeing professionals find time to do something they love. That's a hard thing to balance. I'm glad Micah, and Jaden got to do it.

kiddle97 said...

Now I see how Micah became Mr. Beaver. Cool! And it does look awesome -- doesn't Gail do amazing jobs? Wish I'd have been there to see it. The Boys sure enjoyed it.

Heidi and Rich said...

So fun. I am sure Micah did a great job and how cool that he got to participate with his son. I bet it was a lot of work...but worth it in the end. That is how I felt after being in our stake plays two years in a row. I don't think I will be in it this year with baby #3 coming right around the corner!!!

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

thanks nicole.