5.06.2008

Perpetual Motion

A photo update
MARCH
she (being Sister Grandma Kippy) returns from africa!!
and meets asher for the first time.
we spent some time in the oc where the family reunited.
we hung out in newport and got to see a production of Savior of the World,
featuring staten as a temple boy and brian as captain moroni.
Grandpa turned 90!
asher sits. good boy.beckam rides on two wheels!jaden takes a limo
APRIL
asher grabs a bowl of curry off the table and gets burns on his hand and foot.
he only cried for about 5 min. total!
after the blisters popped it looked much worse.
super sad but it's completely healed after 10 days.
co-op kids washing dishes--one of my favorite childhood activities.
micah leaves us for 9 days and heads back to the oc for work
(staying in a fancy shmancy hotel oh and takes a tour of the natural history museum, visits the body world exhibit twice, has dinners with friends, plays in a soccer game, sees wicked and gets to meet our newest nephew Cayman Nilsson Maughan).
I call for back-up.
mom and grandma come for 3 days and then dad and sandy for 4!
Thank goodness for family--what a huge help to have them here with me!!
Thank You
then this happens on day 2:
and it was my fault.
I'm thankful for good insurance who says once I pay $500, they'll pay for the rest on both cars--and I'm sure the rest will be substantial. there's no good story. I was just backing up in my cul-de-sac, trying to avoid the car on my right and hit the one on my left. sadly, I didn't hear anything until I crunched my door real good. thankfully, just the side of their bumper took all the beating. I'm thankful that my husband's response was "I'm so sorry. I can understand how that could've happened." (and that he was off living it up in the oc. maybe that made him a little more sympathetic.) I'm thankful no people were involved, especially my children. and I'm thankful my mom and grandma were here to cheer me up!
the rest of the week was smooth. it included lots of good take-out, a clean house, my laundry being done, projects being completed and an early birthday present for micah and I:
our first grill and patio set!!

it was a great week but we're ready for the daddy to be back.


11 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Heidi and Rich said...

I love the updates. Can you tell Sister Kip to start a blog so we can hear all about her adventures in Africa. I am sure she'd be happy to recap the mission for me!!!

Ashley said...

Loved the update! Your patio looks great. I can't wait to have our own backyard, although I do enjoy having our "lawn" mowed. I can't believe how big Asher is! And he looks a lot like Beckham!

Ashley said...

Hmmm, after taking a second look, maybe he looks more like Jaden. He definitely looks related!

Amanda said...

Wow. You guys have had a busy couple of months! Your kids are so cute. I am glad Asher's burns are better!

kiddle97 said...

Oh my goodness, poor little tyke to get those burns! But what a man that he got over it fast. Such a darling.

So is Micah still gone? Bring the Boys down here anytime you want if it'd help. My sister has been here for a couple of weeks but leaves tomorrow. Makes me sad.

Shoecrazy Sue said...

No wonder I have not heard from you!! What crazy days. Thank heavens for family. Can Asher be getting that big? He is adorable, you have a matching set of adorable boys that we are dying to see!! We need to come try out the BBQ-the whole thing looks like it's ready for a fun, casual summer!!

Alycat said...

What fun times! I'm glad that you came to visit & brought Kip with you. Poor Asher, that looks so painful. Glad he is doing better. I can't believe that Beckam can ride a 2 wheeler!
We need to plan a trip to come & visit.

Anderson Family said...

WELCOME BACK SISTER KIP! Wow that was a lot of info in one post! Thanks for all the pictures

Latter-day Saint Mom said...

Cute pictures! We just got a grill as well. Gotta love BBQ'ed food! Glad she returned from Africa safely!

Stephanie said...

Your patio looks great! Sorry to read about your accident...good thing it wasn't too bad and no one was hurt!

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

thanks nicole.