5.25.2008

happy, happy birthday


micah dear
(and grandma and britney)

thank you for all the phone calls and emails for happy birthday wishes!

micah and the boys went mountain biking while I made party preparations.
then we partied on our new patio! it was a very lovely evening.
we're so lucky to meet such great friends wherever we go.
he's accomplished a lot in his 30 years!!
here are just 30 things i love about him:
  1. if he wants to accomplish something, he will. and he'll do it well.
  2. he's really in love with me.
  3. he's the best at everything he does
  4. he sang in choir in hs
  5. he played football in hs
  6. he performed in two school plays
  7. he played soccer through hs (and college and grad school)
  8. he was our homecoming king
  9. he plays with his boys
  10. he's HANDSOME!
  11. i've known him since he was 12 and he's always impressed me
  12. he's romantic but not cheesy
  13. one night he was waiting outside for me to get to his house sitting on the hood of his car playing "when you say nothing at all" on his guitar and singing along.
  14. he plays the guitar, ukulele and can play any song by ear on the piano
  15. my sister got him a ukulele in hawaii. he learned "somewhere over the rainbow" and called her to play and sing for her as a Thank You
  16. he loves MY family. every one of them.
  17. he's super smart and knows the answers to all my questions
  18. he took me to hawaii for two fabulous years
  19. and we didn't have to pay for it because he's so stinkin smart (they paid him)
  20. he always supports me in everything i do
  21. he's my best friend and has been for 18 years
  22. he's incredibly humble
  23. he's such a great sport and is always game. always for anything!
  24. he makes me feel beautiful everyday...usually when i feel it the least
  25. he loves to cook and help me in the kitchen
  26. he cleans up the kitchen
  27. he cleans bathrooms to my standard of clean
  28. he takes care of all his kids, all at once, all by himself and keeps the house in order
  29. he's my hero. really!
  30. he let's me warm my cold feet on him in bed
BONUS: he makes cute babiesi really love you man!

14 comments:

Alycat said...

Happy Birthday Micah!!!
Hope you had a fabulous day.
Miss you all!

Anonymous said...

Micah,
We love you for all the same reasons! You are one terrific amigo!!! and son-in-law!!!. Looking forward to seeing you soon.
Love you much!
Mimi

S. F. Philips said...

Very beautiful babies! You're a lucky lady, but he is a very lucky man as well!

Bluebell said...

Happy Birthday Micah! You guys are such a great match.

Shoecrazy Sue said...

Micah,
I know everyone of those reasons that the wife loves your for are true and sincere. You guys are a beautiful couple in and out. You will do amazing things together!! Happy Birthday- you are amazing!!

Heidi and Rich said...

Happy Birthday Micah - man we are all getting old. I am so glad you two have each other. Someday maybe I'll get to see you and Cheryl. If you ever come to Vegas you've got to come by!!

merideth said...

you guys definately make some cute babies...they could be triplets. so cute.
happy birthday micah.

Ixchelle said...

Happy birthday to an Awesome Guy! You both are amazing!

Stephanie said...

What a great birthday tribute! You guys are a match made in heaven!

Lisa said...

Am I too late to wish a happy birthday? Then let me wish Micah a great year!
Wow, you're blog shows that life is as busy for you guys after school as it was during. Perpetual Motion is an apt name.
Asher is so adorable.

Amy said...

Happy birthday to Micah. Your 30 things are so sweet. Asher's eyes are strikingly beautiful in those pictures! How handsome he is! Love Jaden's honesty story. How absolutley adorable. AND I did the same dang thing to my car. Backing up. Watching for the stuff on the left and hitting the car on my right. I was so upset! Did more damage to my car than my friend's, so thats good! Very frustrating!

Street Family said...

Nick and I finally have an up and running page! I just hope I can keep it updated…

Amy said...

Hey Cheryl, I just realized that you may not have access to our blog. I don't have your email since the hacker erased all of our data. Could you email me at our new account:
amykaidavis12@yahoo.com. It is a new email address, so don't ues our old one. As soon as I get your email I'll add you to my list of viewers. Thanks!
Amy

austin and cherisse said...

your little boy has beautiful eyes!

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

thanks nicole.