3.27.2007

Is it too early to post about Mother’s Day?

(Note: This is my inaugural post in the blogging-world. Micah)

The Little Boy Found, by William Blake (1791)

The little boy lost in the lonely fen,
Led by the wand’ring light,
Began to cry, but God ever nigh,
Appear’d like his father in white.

He kissed the child & by the hand led
And to his mother brought,
Who in sorrow pale, thro’ the lonely dale
Her little boy weeping sought.

(from Songs of Innocence)

I love my mom, my mother-in-law and my grandmothers. But this praise of the highest order is for my dear wife and the mother of our boys.

During dinner tonight Lolly and Jaden had this exchange.

Lolly:

Thanks for eating your dinner so good, Jaden.

Jaden:

You’re welcome.

Thanks for being a mom.

Thanks for having babies.

Thanks for having me.

I was glad that Jaden expressed what very few mothers get to hear. Thanks. Not just for making the dinner. Not just for sacrificing so much for him everyday. Not just for being the kind of mother that would go through the lonely fen looking for her lost child. But thanks for being my mother.

Thanks for deciding to have me. Thanks for giving birth to me. Thanks for staying up with me, feeding me, bathing me, teaching me how to walk, how to talk.

Thanks for always asking about my day after school, even when my responses are somewhat lacking. Thanks for praying with me and teaching me about my Heavenly Father.

Thanks for everything. Basically . . . as summed up by Jaden (and expandable to all mothers):

“Thanks for having me.”

6 comments:

Heidi and Rich said...

Moms do need to hear it more often - thanks for sharing such a sweet moment between Mom and Son!

Anonymous said...

Micah, sweet Micah, you are such a great guy. You have a very tender side of you. Ixchelle

LollyGirl said...

wow! what a sweet surprise. today while playing at the park with our friends, ixchelle mentions what a sweet post that was from micah. WHAT post?! did he leave a comment or something? no the post!!

thank you micah for being so thoughful and kind! everday I am grateful for you as my husband and the father of our kids! YOU are awesome!

(he posted this while I was out with the girls last night)

Shane D. said...

Good First post, Micah
love shane

sandeebeaches said...

What a sweet little boy that Jaden can be. And Micah too.

heymaughan said...

Micah you get extra points for your inaugural post bringing tears to my eyes.

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

thanks nicole.