3.19.2007

The Goods

ONE girl made a whole LOT of people happy todaywith this generous donation.
15 ENORMOUS bags of loot were transported from the hill residence in bakersfield
here to solano park to bless the lives of many.
21 families at last count.
when jaden got home from school and saw the scene he asked his dad,
"did you sell anything yet?"
micah replied, "well, we're not selling it but we've given a lot away."
jaden: "why aren't you selling it? don't you want to make some money?"
micah: "since auntie shelli gave it to us, we're giving it to other people."
--end of discussion--

2 minutes later, jaden returns with these:
and his cash register and announces,
"10 dollars for this side and 12 dollars for that one."
then he waits for a second and wonders why no one is coming.
micah was ever so proud. a boy after his own heart.

there was something for everyone:
shell, we can't THANK YOU enough.
you can't even imagine how grateful everyone was!

YOU are AMAZING!
in my lifetime, I hope you can feel charity at its finest for yourself.
we loved seeing you and your family this weekend.
we LOVE you!

7 comments:

cchrissyy said...

what a cool event for everybody!

Anonymous said...

Shelly. I can't thank you enough for your generosity.Those clothes were beyond cute. My little girls had so much fun trying on clothes and shoes. I hope someday to meet you and give you a big hug. Love, Ixchelle

Anonymous said...

Cheryl and micah, thanks again for all that you've done for me and my family. I love you. Ixchelle

Rachel said...

WoW! That looks like so much fun! What an amazing donation. The best part is Jaden's signs. Totally hilarious. Quel entrepreneur.

hang out soon?

sandeebeaches said...

If Morgan knew that Lexi was giving away clothes she would be hysterical. She thinks the world of those girls and their clothes. Shelli, you are an amazing woman and are teaching your children to be just as amazing. We love you all. Hey, count us in on the graduation weekend. Wouldn't miss it.

LollyGirl said...

the problem sandee is that when lexi's getting rid of them, she's outgrown them and if she's outgrown them, morgan's outgrown them, too. we've thought about that before.

Anonymous said...

People should read this.

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

thanks nicole.