11.15.2006

Macaroni and Tomato

MOM and AUNTIE, you'll be proud:

This was the meal requested by MICAH yesterday--there's no doubt, he's part of our family!
This meal was a staple in my family growing up:
elbow macaroni and tomato juice with cottage cheese on top
It's Jaden's favorite.
While he usually sits down for dinner and begins listing off everything he doesn't want to eat
(though he's getting better after being excused from the table for it)
, tonight I think he thanked me for dinner at least three times and before he even finished half his bowl was asking if he could have more, which he did and more after that.

It IS good stuff!



2 comments:

Bluebell said...

How funny; I grew up on what we called 'tomato macaroni' and it was elbow pasta, browned hamburger, and plain tomato sauce. Not quite the same meal, but still similar.

Anonymous said...

You made this for us in Hawaii and I have wanted to call and ask you for the recipe...okay I know there isn't much of a recipe, but I didn't know if it was Tomato Juice instead of sauce...The kids are getting so big...

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

thanks nicole.