11.17.2006

Birthday Highlights

Birthday Eve:
Micah's decorating job
side note:
Beckam sleeps in his own big-boy bed...
unless he falls off onto Jaden's bed down below
(surprisingly the transition has been perfect--even naps!)

In the morning, we heard the boys awake just as Jaden was making his way into our room with his NEW playmobil submarine from Papa John and Ma-Maw that he and his little accomplice had already opened. Then it was to the bathtub...
It dives under the water and has a motor so it can cruise along the bottom

We got Jaden a volcano eruption kit,
though it appears it doubles as a hat, also.
Beckam came up with this all on his own and drove around in his little car wearing it for at least half an hour.

I know I was busy with birthday preparations, too
but here is the baker busy at work:
Oh, how I'll miss his student schedule!!
Any guesses on what it is?
The finished product!
a non-hydrogenated nuclear submarine
with fish and other sea creatures swimming around below.
How I love THIS man, who baked his son's birthday cake
ALL from scratch.

THE FESTIVITIES
A bowling party at the MU complete with pizza, cake, ice cream
and chocolate milk or root beer.
There was even a special guest appearance from Papa John, which made Jaden's day!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY little Honey Bear
(he told me he likes it when I call him that)
I LOVE YOU because you're:
  • a GREAT Big brother
  • clever and smart
  • tough as nails
  • my little monkey--coordinated and energetic
  • so thoughtful and kind
  • a good problem-solver and communicator
  • protective
  • a GREAT friend

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! What a great birthday this will be to remember. Micah, I am really impressed with the cake. It even looks like a submarine. Looks like everyone had a great time at the party too. Its hard to believe Jaden could already be 5.
Love, Mom

Savannah Sombrita Del Mar said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JADEN. It must be fun to turn 5.
I really liked the submarine cake, and all the decorations.
Congratlations Micah! I guess this serves as yet another critical lesson on the ealry beginnings of poitics in law. You'll always be the winner to me!
I so hope that you can make it to FL, especially if I get a chance to go be spectator at the Nationals. I don't think I have ever been to a "Nationals" anything before.
I will keep that week open just in case.
I just got back from a six day stint in Manhattan. It is definately good to be home.
Hello Beckam and Cheryl too!
-Dan

Bluebell said...

Nationals...does that mean you're coming to DC? You could stay with us....

Bluebell said...

And Happy Birthday, Jaden! Can't believe how big those boys are already.

Phoebe said...

Can't go wrong with a party at the MU.
Glad he had a fun day.

heymaughan said...

We're a little slow on the draw, but happy birthday from your irvine family too! We love you Jaden!!

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

thanks nicole.