3.03.2009

more food...

grilled turkey panini

yummy turkey (costco's columbus brand is good)
yummy cheese (provolone and blue cheese crumbles are good)
yummy bread (sourdough, focaccia, ciabatta are all good)
spring mix salad greens
sliced tomato
thinly sliced purple onion
spreads:
pesto
red pepper and artichoke tapenade (from tj's)
mayo and mustard

pop in the panini maker (or in a pan) and grill

sweet potato fries
(so delish. would i lie to you?!!)

1 - 1 1/2 lb sweet potatoes
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp cinnamon

preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil

peel sweet potatoes and cut into strips that are about 1/2 inch wide on each side.

place the sweet potatoes in large ziplock bag. add oil, salt, paprika and cinnamon. seal the bag and shake well to thoroughly coat the fries. spread the potatoes out onto the baking sheet in a single layer.

cook 30 minutes, turning every 10 minutes. transfer immediately to a paper towel lined plate and serve warm.

mix mayo and ketshup w/ a little cayenne pepper for a tasty dip.

4 comments:

Heather Kearns said...

Cheryl,

These look amazing and healthy and I am sure my girls will love them. Thanks for posting some of your favorite recipes. I love fresh ideas and I love Trader Joes. Did I mention I live 4 miles from mine? We miss your family so much! Your boys are so handsome and it's obvious how much they love and need you. I will call soon, Heather

merideth said...

those are the sweetest family pictures. you are all so cute!!
thanks for the panini recipe... i have totally been wanting to use my panini maker. i just need some ideas to get me going.

Laurie Von said...

watch out rachel ray. hope you had a good trip. you can make me your tasties anytime you want.

laura said...

You should know that I have made almost every recipe you have posted. My latest favorite- the tortellini with alfredo and sauteed veggies. It honestly tastes exactly like my order at Frugatti's. Delicious. Keep them coming.

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

thanks nicole.