3.29.2009

i love the sabbath...

especially w/ 1 o'clock church.

i love having a low-key morning to hang out w/ my boys. to make them french toast w/ veggie sausage and yummy smoothies, to play steam roller on the tramp and to pick carrots, broccoli and snap peas out of the garden!

asher gets a full nap.

i have time to iron.

i have time to really get ready (the only time all week).

and when we return from church, it's dinner, a little down time and the bedtime routine. today while i made dinner the boys played ring around the rosie w/ asher and watched planet earth--our favorite sunday show!! hearing the boys laugh and play is like music to my ears and amazingly i hear it a lot on sunday when we have 1 c'clock church.

i love that sunday is a special day!










9 comments:

Phoebe said...

We have 10 am church and we always will (we share the building with the singles ward so we just never switch.) I do love 10 am, but yesterday I was thinking about how great afternoon church can be. Especially since we love lazy mornings around here!

Jaime said...

That's funny because when I had a 1o'clock ward I felt the opposite and I always had a crying sleepy baby who couldn't nap because his nap time was after lunch. I'm glad it works for you. It's so nice when Sunday's are a nice relaxing day rather than a hectic one.

Dan said...

we had a planet earth sunday too!

LollyGirl said...

dan, that's especially funny because i thought of you as i watched the camera crew in the artic trying to get the emperor penguin and mama polar bear footage! it's the greatest show, such a wise investment!!

KWit said...

Thanks for reminding me to ejoy this. We have the 1 o'clock and well I think if I change my attitude, then my family will too. Oh and that saying was profound! Thanks for that too!

Dasha said...

we love that show too. funnily enough we have one o'clock church here too. at least i'm pretty sure we do.

Amy said...

Awwww....that sounds so nice. I'm glad that time works for you. We were having a rough time but now we have 10 o'clock church. What a great mommy you are!

Ixchelle said...

Cheryl, there's anawesome movie coming out on Earth day. It's like the planet Earth movie. You might want to take the boys to see it.

libbie said...

oh how i miss 1pm church. we are at 9 am now, and it takes everything i have to get our family there at least 5 minutes late every week!

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

thanks nicole.