11.29.2007

Jaden

one thing is certain about jaden: he has a cyclical personality. for weeks he'll be super nice and sweet and then...not so much. (maybe it's normal but we really notice it in him).
and some weeks we REALLY. really. ReAlLy. really like him.
of course we always LOVE him but sometimes it's just so easy.

for example(s):

to kick-off this holiday season, I asked the boys to go through their toys and collect some that they would be willing to give to children who don't have nice toys like them. when they called me in to see their pile, it looked like a small toy junkyard: three-wheeled cars, bug catchers with no lids, guys with missing appendages, etc.
I say, "okay, so when someone opens this up, do you think they're going to be so excited to see what they got?"
jaden hangs his head and then runs out of the room calling, "I'll be right back."
he returns with his Scooby Doo video game (the kind that plugs into the TV) and says that he thinks "someone would really enjoy THIS! and since I got Pac Man for my birthday, I'd like to give this away."
YES! that's the spirit my boy!!
and beckam finally contributed some nice race cars after I vetoed many of jaden's toys that he was trying to "get rid of." I added some things and then shipped it off to grandma kippy--along with all the loot the candy fairy got.

last night, as we were reading The Polar Express, I asked Jaden what he would ask for if he were picked to get the first gift of christmas. his response:
"I would ask for enough toys to give to all the children who don't have any."

then tonight, we had the sister missionaries over for dinner. jaden comes into the living room hiding something under his special blanket. he unveiled his advent calendar (unopened even) and presented it to the sisters as a gift.

also tonight beckam was sent to bed without a story and was truly heartbroken about it. as jaden was heading off to bed, he said that first he needed to write down all the words he knew on pieces of paper and make them into a book so that he could read it to beckam for bed.

and oh how he loves baby asher!
what a truly SWEET and thoughtful boy!!
and such a good reminder to me of how
he shows his love and affection.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah for Big Brother.

kiddle97 said...

How absolutely and totally sweet. What a good kid you're raising. Thanks for sharing.

Alycat said...

What a sweet boy!!
Ok, can Asher be any cuter? I love that picture.

Tara said...

So sweet. And Asher is sooo adorable.

KWit said...

Jaden was always one of my favorite spirits I've met. I love his little mind! You are a great mother to help mold that too!
I was wondering if you could email me your new address...I'm doing Christmas letters!
ckwitters@gmail.com
Thanks and have a great day!

Amy said...

What a sweet big brother. Way to focus on the positive! Asher is really cute too!His eyes kind of do look like baby Kai's.

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

thanks nicole.