11.09.2007

I just wanted to say

that I'm loving the time change. is anyone else with me?

I know the kids are waking up SO early but I'm liking my day starting earlier. (I never thought I'd say that. I am not a morning person!)
and somehow it's easier for me to wake up now. at 6:30 instead of 7:30!?
and we're not rushing around like mad trying to get jaden out the door for school with me screaming orders at him like a drill sargeant.
I've even managed a shower a few mornings before 7am, which really gets me moving.
we were out one day by 9:30 starting errands. that's good for us. (you see, I have this problem. If I don't have any time committments, I have to get all my "chores" done before I can leave the house. and if I do have time commitments, I have to get as many done as I possibly can before I leave. now you know why I'm never early. and usually a tad late. no matter how hard I try, I can't just leave until things are in order. for the most part. it can be really annoying. I think I have my mother to thank. sound familiar mom? I truly think it's genetically encoded in my DNA because I don't remember "learning" this from you.)
and because he wakes up at 6:30, beckam is ready for a nap by 12:30 and goes down SO easily.

I'm feeling on top of my game. it was good timing for our family!
thank you father time or whoever it is that's in charge of daylight savings.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too love the vibrant mornings but I could do without it getting dark so early (before I get home from work). Jumping on the tramp with the boys doesn't work so well in the dark.

micah

kiddle97 said...

Well, I love the time change, but for the exact reason that Micah doesn't. I love it getting dark early. Makes me feel so cozy, and all I want to do is curl up with a warm blanket and a good book and read all night. Not that that happens, but still, makes me feel that way. Oh, and of course with a warm mug of hot chocolate within arm's reach. I'm not a morning person AT ALL (just ask my poor husband and Boys!) and wish it would stay dark in the mornings till at least 8. I think I just need to learn to re-wire myself, then maybe I'd be normal!
Oh, PS. I started Twilight Tuesday night and finished it Thursday morning. Gonna pick up New Moon on Tuesday (good ol' Monterey Library to the rescue!). I'll let you know when I finish that one. Have you finished them all now?

Heidi and Rich said...

I am with ya!! The actual first day (Sunday) was bad but since then it has been great. I can't wait to meet your little one.

Phoebe said...

See, my kids are sleeping in now. I still haven't figured out why. So I am totally loving the change. Because I feel like I can actually get out of bed and function when they wake up.

Nicole said...

I am with you on the time change. It is a lot easier for me to get up at 6ish when Kasen wakes up for his breakfast! And if I don't go back to bed, (which has only happened a couple of times) then our day has started and we are time too! I have that same problem about getting out of the house when I still have chores that need to be done. Is it just a mom thing...I would much rather come home to a clean house then walk in to a mess!

sandeebeaches said...

I miss the daylight, but love getting my kids to bed even earlier. The getting up thing.....still not doing so hot.

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

thanks nicole.