8.18.2006

Sacramento Temple Open House


Our family attended the Sacramento Temple Open House today.

When a new temple is built, it's opened up to the public to tour for about a month before it's dedicated. It's such a wonderful opportunity for those not of our faith to experience the beauty of a temple and learn more (click here) about the sacred work we do within its walls. Jaden's favorite part was "the room with all the jewelry," which was the celestial room that had a magnificent chandelier in the center and similar but smaller one's around the room covering the lights. Amazingly, this was the only room that Beckam whispered in, until we were leaving that is, when he yelled, "bye, bye." The boys enjoyed the tour. We're so excited for the dedication so that we can attend more regularly without having to drive to Oakland. We're only 30 min. away now.

The temple and the grounds surrounding it are so peaceful and tranquil. In the heart of a busy city, it's set up on a hill nestled adjacent to a grassy grove of mature trees with benches scattered throughout.









It's such a great place for introspection and meditation...and wrestling if you're two little Nilsson boys. We LOVE to visit the temple!!





And here are the shots Jaden took of us (see comments):






8 comments:

Bluebell said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE those pictures of Jaden with his foot resting on the tree. He is SO handsome! I love the hill the temple is on, too, with all those oak trees. It's the perfect spot for a family picnic.

My Many Coloured Days said...

Just beautiful! We loved living 20 minutes from the Toronto temple this summer and attending church right beside it. It's nice for the kids to be a part of that without having to drive 3+ hours! Great pics- your boys are adorable!

HornInFBb said...

we loved the mature grove too. And wow, Jaden is so big now!

LollyGirl said...

Jaden actually did take pictures of us but we were so sure his aim was off that in all of the pictures (which are each perfectly framed by the way) one of us is critiquing his angle or laughing about what the photos are going to look like with our heads or other body parts chopped off. I'll post them for you for fun.

laura said...

Oh, I'm so jealous. We tried SO hard to make it up to see the temple, but could not find a free weekend. It's looks beautiful. I'm excited to go through later. The kids look adorable. I can't believe how big Beckham is. So cute.

Rachel said...

Lolly--

You're back? Can we hang out sometime?
Please?

LollyGirl said...

Darlybird--

Most definitely!! I can't believe I missed Phoebe! How was the farwell! I"m excited to hear more about your family reunion--I read your blog about it but I want more details.

How does this week look for you?

Phoebe said...

I am so glad that we were still in Sacto to see the new temple and to work our shifts at the Open House. What a great opportunity!
Not to rub it in, Lolly, but we are now 5 minutes from the temple. I would venture to say that I could walk there, if I wanted to walk home going straight uphill (which I don't).
I am sorry that we missed seeing you guys this summer. We'll just have to plan another trip!

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

thanks nicole.