2.20.2010

real quick...

it's late and i still need to do stuff before 9am church tomorrow but i just wanted to post a quick little update since it's been so long!

we're in our new home--hooray!! we moved in wed. and we loVe, LoVe, LOVE it!! it's so perfect for our family right now. i will post pictures soon but am sad that i didn't take before pictures. we bought a foreclosure so we had to repaint, recarpet and we chose to replace the linoleum in the bathrooms with travertine that my dad had in excess and replace light fixtures throughout. it really feels like a new home now. and i'm so excited that we're starting to get visitors in our home again!! kip came yesterday, my sweet friend ixchelle from davis is coming tomorrow, my dear jodi is coming in a few weeks followed by my sunshine from monterey. we love having visitors (dyers?!!). my kids are starting to fit right in here. today we looked out in the backyard and saw jaden riding his quad in his wife beater and shooting his bb gun! i'll have to post that picture. and now just a quick rundown of a few things i've enjoyed about having our home and our location:

*the day after we moved in, we were just about to sit down for dinner, when my sister and my niece showed up and joined us. then 10 min. later my other sister knocked on the door with two of her boys (ages 9 and 11). they ran here from their house! my brother-in-law followed shortly after.

*my two oldest nephews play together on their varsity basketball team and are rockstars!! our family looks forward to their games on friday nights.

*after dropping jaden off at the bus last week, i passed two of my nephews waiting for the same bus to come pick them up for school and got to see their their older brother standing by to make sure they got on safely.

*micah's started playing on an outdoor soccer league. they play at a park a few blocks away from our house. when we got to the park tonight we ran into my nephew, who was there shooting hoops along with about 10 other old friends who all play in the league!!

*i live about 2 miles from a trader joes and a brand new beautiful super target (with a full grocery store).

*the chase bank a mile from my house has a drive-up atm with a touchscreen and you don't have to fill out an envelope to make a deposit!!

just to name a few...

18 comments:

Julian Acosta said...

Very cool. I think I will be in Bakersfield next week. i would love to come visit if I am invited.

Belle of the Blues said...

So wonderful to have all that family close by! What could be better than that? I'm very happy for you guys.

Dasha said...

sounds like everything is going so well. happy for ya'll. look forward to the pix.

Dan said...

sounds blissful. I hope we visit soon.

Carrie said...

I miss you. You can count us in on one of your free weekends. We'll even help with home improvement.

Ben and Shara said...

awesome. it sounds marvelous! I want to be a visitor!

merideth said...

i was just thinking about you guys and how you would be doing with your move and all.
everything sounds awesome!! yay for a super target close... that would make any mother happy.

austin and cherisse said...

yeah for sure we will make a pilgrimage up to your neck of the woods. as soon as zeke figures out that it is not cool to hang out at the hospital we will have to plan a trip.

Alycat said...

so, so happy for you!!! we may need to make a trip out sometime in the spring.....before it gets HOT!!!

Amy said...

I am so happy for you! What a blessing to be near your family. Congrats on the house too. Can't wait to see it.

P.S. For my YW meeting today, I typed up an agenda inspired by yours! Thanks!

Shoecrazy Sue said...

OH, I so need some Lolly time!! I am very thrilled for you guys and can't wait to see your new house, with you and your sis in the mix, it has to be fabulous! You and your family will turn Bakersfield into a vacation hot spot just by you being there!

Tam said...

wow you are super close to us now!! We are on Harris and Old River. We should meet sometime at the park with the kids. I'm glad you are all settled in! Talk to you soon!

Janna said...

Hey what about a shout out to your new favorite neighbors?? :) We also loVe, LoVE, LOVE that you moved in down the street.

kiddle97 said...

Yay! I'm so glad things are going so well for you. Still miss the days when we lived only a few miles apart though. The description of your activities reminds me of Sandlot, always just running out the door to meet up with people and go have adventures. So happy for you.

Stephanie said...

It sounds like you are loving your new place, it sounds beautiful, I can't wait to see pics!! What a great area too! Plus, all your family so close by, how nice! So happy for you guys! Congratulations!!

Jodi said...

This makes me want to move back. I miss my second family!

Rachel said...

yay, cheryl! I am dying for more pics of the house. Your backyard looks like it's bigger than a football field. AmAzing! so happy for you!

Rachel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

thanks nicole.