1.22.2009

a recipe and more family photos

i hear some of you actually use the recipes i post so here's one of our favorite fast and easy "regulars":

abc chicken soup
(i just make up the amounts every time so this is what i did tonight)

boil 3 large chicken breasts in chicken broth (3 boxes of pacific from costco) for 10 min. or until chicken is cooked through. chop 3 potatoes, 3 carrots, 2 stalks of celery, 1 parsnip, 2 zucchini and 1 cup of mushroom. remove chicken, shred and set aside. add veggies to boiling broth, except for zucchini and mushroom. let boil a few minutes before adding bag ABC pastsa (trader joes). cook 8 min. or so and then add remaining veggies and chicken. salt and pepper. serve w/ trader joe's most delicious corn bread!!

for beckam it's the lettuce wraps but this is jaden's fav. tonight he had two full bowls and was ready for "third 2nds."

and today in the mail i got the cd of our family photo shoot that melissa did (header photo)! wanna see some of our favorites?! (they're not blurry if you click on the image)
and there's a few more that will be featured in our header at some point. because any good photographer includes personalized blog header photos don't they? she's in san luis obispo so look her up if you want some great pictures at a great price!! she's super cute and nice, too!

18 comments:

melissa said...

Oh my- I did NOT even realize (then or during editing) that Asher's pants were falling down! You would think that would have caught my attention! That is absolutely hysterical! Sorry about that! At least it is good for a laugh!

Glad you like the photos overall... the ones you posted are my favorites too! You guys are just a beautiful family... you make me look good! Thanks!

Tara said...

I LOVE these pictures of you guys. You all look so great!

Mandee said...

Cheryl, you are such a pretty girl- and you guys have such a handsome family. I love your hair in the last picture! Great pictures! Love you guys.

Jessica said...

You guys are such a cute little family. Little Asher with he pants down was so hilarious!!

I think being at your house must have done the trick for Payton. He's eating my food again and he's back to being my happy little boy!

Abby said...

I agree with Mandee, you are so pretty. And your family is gorgeous! Love it! Those pictures are awesome.

Papa Randy said...

WOW! I can't believe how much your family has grown. A very beautiful family.

S. F. Philips said...

Those are fantastic pictures. Of course with such a gorgeous family the challenge is less ... but, wow!

Wendy said...

You are beautiful! And when boys are that handsome you had better watch out! Little heart breakers all of them! You'll have to bar your windows to keep all the crazy girls away! I love that Asher's pants are coming off! Classic! Mellisa did an awesome job. We might seriously have her do our family pictures!

Ixchelle said...

These photos are GREAT! Wow! You look beautiful, Cheryl! Your boys did a great job for camera. We miss you tons.

Amy said...

Those are family pictures are fabulous and Cheryl you are one hot mamma! Those are sure to be a treasure.

Oh and . . .
Your washing machine story is so funny!

Shoecrazy Sue said...

These pics are such fun!! You are all rather photogenic, so it could not have been hard to get such great shots of the crew! Jaden looks so old in the solo shot of him. I wish I was there sharing soup with you!

Sariah said...

The Pictures are AMAZING!
Alicia Sault

Aida said...

Looking at the pictures- I just realized that your hair is really long. I love it. Are you going to keep growing it out or leave it at that length? Love all the pictures-BTW.

stina said...

I LOVE the pictures! You all look great!

Stacy said...

Cheryl, that header picture is stunning! I'll have to tell my brother and sis-in-law about your photographer. They live in San Luis Obispo now. And, of course, Joe and I have the exercise channel at his parent's house, so anytime now we are going to be buff and beautiful and ready for a family picture, too!

Love the laundry fiasco and dishwasher bubbles. I missed our crazy Primary on Sunday, believe it or not but I hear you convinced the bishop to let the teachers go first. Yay!

Miss K$ said...

your family is so beautiful!

Jodi said...

I love your pics! All your boys are adorable, but I have to admit that I am in love with Beckum!

Alycat said...

LOVE the pctures!!!
And I made the ABC soup the other night & the whole family loved it. Carter even said "I'm enjoying this mommy"

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

thanks nicole.