12.10.2006

By the time these things hit the market, I was too BIG for them.


I would have LOVED this as a kid.
We have Auntie Shelli to THANK!
She is the one responsible for this madness.


Last year, Jaden REALLY wanted the Jeep.

This year, at first it was a Quad until he saw the
John Deere Gator
and
Beckam could have the Jeep.

There was no way in my practical brain,
I could let him get ANOTHER one.
So I explained to him that these
vehicles cost
a lot of money and that he's SO lucky to even have
his Jeep.
His solution:

"We can sell the Jeep and use the money we get to buy The Gator."
I had to give him some credit for that one.

He talked about it
non-stop and when his
Fairy Godmother asked him what he wanted,

he told her!
I told her it wasn't reasonable.

She told me she wanted to get him what he wanted
and since that's what it was, she was going to get it.

We do live in the ideal location right now for these machines.

The boys really do LOVE them!

Yes, I absolutely considered selling the Jeep but truly for what we could get for it, I'd rather just let Beckam enjoy it for the remainder of our time here.
The Jeep has been well-loved and it shows!
Jaden once tried to pull an enormous Oak tree out with it.
He attached the chain that was around the tree to the PLASTIC KC lights--The TREE Won! The roll bar snapped.

The last thing Beckam said before his nap,
"I want to drive the Gator."

The first thing Beckam said when he woke up,
"I want to drive the Gator."

The last thing Beckam said before he went to bed,
"I want to drive the Gator."

You get the picture.

This kid really has AMAZING driving skills. He's not even 2 yet!

And he likes to go, "FAST!"

I try putting it in slow gear and he asks,
"Go FAST?" as he reaches down for the shifter.

Why not, he can do it.

Jaden is such a GOOD sport about letting Beckam drive, too!

6 comments:

Phoebe said...

I love having a generous sister. Maybe someday I can actually BE one!

Savannah Sombrita Del Mar said...

I want one of those gators for myself. I couldn't get the videos to work..?
Are they working for everyone else?
Dan

Resolute said...

They work for me. How about the rest of you?

Phoebe--You and Me both (BE generous sisters)! Wouldn't it be SO fun?!

Tara said...

I can't seem to get the video's to work either. I have tried about 4 times today...They look so fun. I am not really sure what Mason wants for Christmas. He seems to want anything that he sees that looks cool. We got him a Vsmile...its a "learning" video game thing. He plays on my computer (nick jr., pbs kids, disney) all the time and I want to get him his own thing.

And then I have a girlfriend who has 4 boys and she gave us tons of their old toys!!!! I'm so excited about that. $120 total for both kids!! Kennedy was easy....a new doll, stroller, carebear, and some princess things. (purse, crown, jewels...the usual things that a princess needs to make herself beautiful.) So fun.

LollyGirl said...

You've probably figured it out but I think it should be working now. I just recopied the links and I think it's fixed.

Janie Hicks said...

No, I can't play the video either. My nephews are cute, cute, cute. I'm a little prejudice.

Love you all,

Janie

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

thanks nicole.