9.27.2006

Oh, Happy Day

Had I posted yesterday, the title of the post would have read very differently!!

Yesterday, was just one of those days and as I was sitting on the couch mulling it over with Micah, I remembered the BAD day I had last month when I wondered if it was cyclical and told Micah we should pay attention to the date the next time I had a bad day. Interestingly, it was the same time last month...are you thinking what I'm thinking?
Yes indeed, I think I'm suffering from PMS and it's taken me 28 years to realize it. I'm sure there are factors (1. Jaden 2. Beckam, etc.) that make it more noticeable now than at other times in my life. I'm not embarassed to admit it because I'm actually glad there's an explanation. I'm wondering if any of you share this condition with me and what you do about it?!

Today was a FABULOUS day!
  1. Beckam and I were out of the house at 10 am this morning, finished our WalMart shopping trip in 45 min. and made it back to pick up Jaden from school with 20 min. to spare!
  2. Beckam took a 3 hour nap today!
  3. Micah came home while Beckam was napping and played Bocce outside with Jaden while I played on the computer for a few minutes and then visited with some friends outside.
  4. We took a trip to IKEA after Beckam woke up. Just the thought that we have an IKEA 15 min. from our house makes me so happy! I returned some stuff we didn't use from our reunion and got a $50 credit, which paid for all the purchases I made today. I thought a $50 gift card to IKEA was a suitable reward for all my hard work on the reunion. We had a fabulous meal there, which of course included Swedish meatballs but I had something even more delish. It was a breast of chicken covered with a thin slice of fresh ham and a lemon-garlic cream sauce, along with mashed potatoes and fresh veggies!!! Leave it to FOOD to make my day! We enjoyed our meal while the boys sat at their own little table next to ours in the play area, watched Aladdin and played with the wooden train. I also found the little glass bowls I was searching for to serve my butternut squash soup in for a whopping .59 cents. I bought 15. We had $23 left on our card after we checked out so we spent the remaining balance on Swedish delicacies: chocolate tort, lingonberry cheesecake, swedish "rats," double chocolate crisps and Remi (chocolate covered wafers with mint cream).
  5. We got home just in time for me to head off to Farmer's Market for Mutual tonight where I enjoyed an excellant evening with the Young Women of the Davis 1st Ward!
  6. I'm so grateful BAD days are few and far between and that GREAT days follow!!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

I love days like these. I saw you and the girls at the Farmers Market - looked like you were all having fun! I haven't taken the opprotunity to eat at IKEA yet (last time we went it was way too busy) but it sounds tasty!

laura said...

Yes- I'm on a cycle too Cheryl. Unfotunately, my bad days are up to 34 1/2 weeks and counting. I can NOT wait to have this baby. This 3rd pregnancy is really doing something weird to me. I can't wait to be normal again- let's just hope it is pregnancy related and I'm not just crazy.

HornInFBb said...

glad you got it figured out :)
I haven't had a normal cycle in like, 5 years. like the previous poster though, I had quite the frustrating 3rd baby experience and I'm looking forward to a break from that! OK, looking foward conflictedly. but if you asked while I was still pregnant, I'd have said i had SO had enough of that!

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

thanks nicole.