12.07.2008

a great christmas story:

and i just heard this christmas song, children, go where i send thee by mary chapin carpenter on the radio (for what I thought was the first time) and loved it! so we got it on itunes and have enjoyed it so much. in fact, we were listening to it tonight as the boys were going to bed and jaden got up to request we put it on his shuffle for him.

here's the funny part, i was trying to figure out how to post it here so you could hear it and when i searched for it, it came up w/ natalie merchant singing it and i immediately recognized it from her cd--one of my favorites! but it sounds so different i had no idea it was the same song.

check em' out. what do you think?

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Both the songs were so beautiful and different, very soothing during this sometimes crazy time of year.
It reminds me that I've been meaning to ask you what was that Christmas Album and song that you used for the "Silent Nativity" lesson you taught in Davis.

Ixchelle said...

I just bought the cd from Amazon. Will you be around for Christmas break? We might stop by for a visit. Let me know.

Jessica said...

I made butternut squash soup from Trader Joe's and it was NO-GOOD compared to yours!! I need your recipe!!

Ixchelle said...

We just received our cd. Love it! Merry Christmas to our cool nilsson friends.

Ixchelle said...

I like natalie merchant too.

Becca & Joel said...

Hey! Guess what? I heard this song for the first time last week at my son's preschool Christmas program! It was the longest song ever (performed by like 65 3-year-olds, complete with hand motions!) but super cute! They used a really FAST upbeat version, and I could tell it was the kids' fave song because they were really animated and careful not to mess up. I liked the Carpenter version... I have fond memories of her anyway. Thanks for the flashbacks! Merry Christmas!

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

thanks nicole.