6.29.2006

Usborne Books

The first day we were in Monterey we ate breakfast at this cute little cafe called Lou Lou's on the Pier. I met a lady there with two little girls, one of whom is Jaden's exact age (Nov. 2001). After breakfast we all played on the beach. When it was time to leave Jaden wondered if he would see his best friend tomorrow so I asked if she lived in the area. She did and happened to be having this book show the next day, which she invited me to. Books are the last thing I need but figured I'd use the opportunity to get better acquainted with her.

Since I took both kids, my concentration on the presentation was compromised quite a bit but I did see some things I was really interested in. I'm totally against impulse buying so I asked if I could take the catalog home to peruse it before placing my order--wow, I should've just gone with those impulses, my pocketbook would have been a little better off!

We received our order in one week and those books have been such a hit in our family!! Jaden's enjoyed them so much that I just wanted to share in case anyone is interested. I'm not trying to sell them for any other reason than that Jaden loves them so much and I thought your kids might, too. Here are his fav's:

Puzzle World (you have to help two kids accomplish their mission by helping them find certain things along their journey (i.e. pieces of their costume, tool and supplies, etc.)) This one is available in many varieties: Puzzle Island, Puzzle Farm, Puzzle Town, etc.

Big Book of Things to Spot (they have to find a certain number of a variety of different items on each page, which has helped Jaden with number recognition). It's also available in different varieties: Animals to Spot, Things to Spot Long Ago, etc.

Children's Mini Encyclopedia, On The Moon, Stories of Pirates (book on CD), First Numbers, Chocolate Island, Night Animals, Ted and Friends, Don't Be a Bully Billy, etc....

My sister was in town when they arrived and decided to take the catalog so she could order some, too and show some of her friends. My friend Kim, the Usborne Rep. ended up setting up an e-show for her so that people could just place their orders on-line.

Here is the link, if you want to check it out: www.ubah.com/HOS60477

2 comments:

HornInFBb said...

my next door neighbor just began selling them too. we got a book of train stories, but we already owned a few from garage sales... some fancy sticker books and the a castle search thing (like where's waldo)

laura said...

Cheryl- I'm so glad you put this info up (and that you're doing a blog in general). I've been wanting to get some of these for a while now. Thanks..

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

thanks nicole.